Friday, November 1, 2013

"Psyched"

Inspire... I'm very lucky to know many strong climbers. But, there are few that totally inspire me to pull past my worst pain and send. Very few.
That strong climber, this crazy project, that boulder problem, this impossible move, that rugged beta, that secret cave... All very interesting to me but, what gets me psyched to climb the most is handing the rope over to my friend that give up their whole day to be right next to me. Bleeding, screaming, taking massive falls, dodging rock slides, fighting through mind blowing pain, and dripping more blood... Screw it, tie in and lets do it all over again kind of attitude. Driven to work the same crux with me over and over tell it's sent. Maniacal minds pouring everything into that moment of life. Headlamps.. so be it, whatever it takes... That my friends is "Psyched."
I owe so much to so many people. But, as far as climbing goes... My dear friend Dana, is my #1 inspiration. I have never known anyone who can onsight the way she can. One rugged line after another for hours. Strong, even when injured, and always laughing off the scary cruxs. Best of all.. never letting her amazing talents go to her head.
I'm lucky to have such a great mentor. And what I'm learning is... Be the climber that inspires others to finish their projects. Also, find friends that drive you to surpass your limits as a climber and as a human.
Stay Psyched,
Nathan Williamson

1 comment:

  1. Nathan!!! I will so miss hanging out with you regularly. Thanks for this wildly generous account of my climbing prowess. And thanks for giving me perfect soft catches on my poorly executed cruxes. More importantly thanks for being a great friend. Regular trips to St. George have to happen.

    ReplyDelete