Sunday, October 27, 2013

First of Many



Time... amazing how it passes. Feels like so much has changed in the past few years. I truly  believe life is now just starting for me. 
I decided a few years ago that I was going to take a real run at climbing, and who knows, maybe if I'm lucky make a buck or two at it. It's been one wild adventure so far.
Moving back to Utah has been the best thing for me. I landed my dream job at a local climbing gym here in Salt Lake named The Front Climbing Club. I have met many great people working here, and sadly known a few that have passed away. 
A few months ago I answered a phone call that has forever changed my life... It was from Trango. All my dreams of climbing for a company that inspires me came true from that conversation. I signed  a sponsorship contract that allows me to be on the road doing what I love to do... climbing. After years of getting rugged on the hardest lines I could find, I decided to step it up and untie the rope from my harness to free solo the routes that I have worked on all summer. Frightening at first, but now soloing is all I think about. Finding that next perfect line is my new big addiction. Many factors have to be taken in when choosing my next solo... Can I walk off? How hard is it going to be 200 feet up when I'm pumped? Is the rock solid? Am I going to die? Thankfully, I have been very lucky with my choices. 

Thanks for all your support, and I cant wait to blog more about climbing, training, gear, and playing in the mountains..
Nathan Williamson
            

1 comment: